Once again, The Phunion has sat down, put on our Phishing caps and thought long and hard about what we want from Phish this upcoming New Years run at MSG. This is what we came up with:
- A NYE run without Wading in the Velvet Sea or Alaska. Not in the first set. Not in the second set. Not in the third set. Just none at all.
- A Tube that lasts longer than a wait in an MSG beer line. How hard is that?
- Someone flying down from the new walkways upstairs, wearing a Wingsuit
- More of those nice ladies that give you back the bottle caps to the beer/soda.
- Sugar Shack. But instead of Trey’s (Scott’s) solo, he plays Auld Land Syne so he doesn’t have to embarrass himself.
- Open NYE with Billy Squier’s “The Stroke” to keep the theme of “You got to please yourself” after last year’s Garden Party.
- No versions of Snow, Amidst the Pearls of Laughter or the shitty tunes from Wingsuit. Seriously.
- A holiday album covered during Set 2 of New Years Eve. Who wouldnt love to hear Mike sing some Bing Crosby Christmas classics?!
- More Glowsticks! We want to feel like it’s 12/30/97 again! Or at least 1998. Maybe 1994? Nah. 1997.
- Anything besides Down With Disease or Runaway Jim out of Auld Lang Syne. You have a big catalog – go nuts!
- Wooing during inappropriate times – open space of Divided Sky, during Wingsuit, setbreak, bathroom woos, etc…
Safe travels to YEMSG everyone.